Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Last day of freedom

Well, today is my last day of freedom before I go back to work. I have thoroughly enjoyed my summer off and was really glad my husband convinced me not to pick up a summer job. I definitely stayed busy enough getting everything done around the house and really loved having so much time to spend with my husband, parents, animals, everything.


Today I rescued a cherry tree, so it's time to start researching them. My local garden center has a TLC section for plants that have seen better days and after this summer, the section was pretty full. I found this little cherry tree for only $7.99, originally $39.99. She has a lot of dead branches but the stem (trunk?) seems sturdy enough and still has some leaves trying to grow. I gave her a pot with some nice rich soil and placed it in a cauldron so the water can slowly soak up into the roots and give her back some life.


The pink hallway is also officially gone! We purchased a telescoping rod ...thing...from Home Depot as well as a corner and edge piece that could be screwed onto the rod. We actually managed to get the entire entrance way using this method without having to get up onto a ladder. It looks fantastic and so open and clean.


We also replaced the outside light fixtures, so I will have to get pictures of those to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment