Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Making life a little easier

I keep coming up with new little tricks and tips and need to remember to pass them on!

Many a day I feel like I'm stuck in a hamster wheel of doom. I clean, it gets messy, I clean, it gets messy. How am I supposed to stay sane? I'm not a neat freak by any means, but I don't want people to walk into my house and think it was robbed. So here are some tips (specifically for moms of toddlers) to help just a little bit.



1)  Those damn letter mats. We all have them, and if you are like me, they drive you nuts. My kid LOVES her letter mats, so much we have 2, and it's a fabulous way to keep her off the icky carpet that we don't want to replace quite yet, but boy do they make a mess instantaneously.


My trick with this one, take out the stupid little pieces that fill the holes in letters (like D, O, etc). This seems stupid, but helps cut down cleaning time significantly.



Putting toys where the kid can reach them.
Okay, this sounds counter-intuitive, because the more toys your kid can reach, the more mess they can make, but bear with me on this one. I hung up this cute little shelf (which is a prototype, my cheap and quick version of the adorable fabric shelves seen on Pinterest) to hold some of her stuffed animals.

This was actually pretty awesome in our house, because we had been storing stuffed animals in mesh laundry bins, which resulted in the kid dumping the entire bin to get the animal on the bottom. Yay only grabbing one toy at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment