Saturday, March 19, 2011

A little bit of everything update.

It has occurred to me that I don't think I've ever shown the finished product of the dreaded salmon staircase! When we moved in our front entry way looked like this.




Take special notice of the salmon colored pink, which then went to a green/beige wall, which then goes to what Scott called "military camo green". Interesting color combination to be sure, but not exactly our style. With the help of my parents we painted the entire thing the same "white tinted with green" color that we used for the dining room, living room, and hallway.







I think it turned out pretty well. The entrance way looks incredibly huge now and has very clean lines. The only decoration we've got up so far is our lovely $20 Target mirror with key hangers but I love it. Eventually we want to paint the door molding a deep cherry brown so that it will pop from the entrance way. I also bought some gorgeous red and black fabric and will one day (maybe?) turn it into cafe curtains to go over the windows on the side of the door.


Now, the plan for today was to get a ton of baby stuff done. Then I proceeded to wake up at 1pm. Oops...of course having slept for 12 hours meant that I woke up with a raging headache because my body is used to having at least 6 glasses of water by 1pm and was not happy with this new situation. I downed some water while Scott took out Katie and then it was crib time (nothing more fun than building a crib at 1:30pm on a Saturday while still in your pjs!)


We purchased a Graco Lauren convertible crib from Wal-Mart and so far I could not be happier. We chose the "ship to store" option so we had free shipping and didn't have to worry about the crib being outside until one of us came home. The crib arrived within 48 hours and the people at the pick-up desk were incredibly helpful. I'm now planning on doing as many of the big things this same way because it was such a smooth process. Our Serta mattress is currently on it's way so hopefully it will fit in our crib!

No comments:

Post a Comment