Sunday, March 6, 2011

Got bit by "it"

I'm not sure if it is spring cleaning, or if it is nesting, but "it" got me cleaning today. It started off that I was just going to do some laundry that had been sitting around for a little while. Demon helped by holding the laundry basket down so it didn't run away.




Then she decided I need to work on my sock drawer instead of putting away my husband's socks and effectively blocked off his sock drawer.







So I decided to take some time and fully go through my sock drawer. Here is how it began
Just a few socks. I probably wore about half of them. Off the socks went into piles. Work socks, fun socks, and discard socks. If they had holes, felt "crunchy", or looked horrible into the trash they went. I think most of these socks are at least 5 years old so I figure donation places would not want to take them in.




What spurred this insane cleaning you might wonder? Well, a couple things. First I realized that as much as I may laugh at the concept of "pregnancy brain" it is, in fact, a reality and I am not immune to it. For the first time in years I completely forgot to play a bill, and I finally caved in and got one of these little pill boxes because I kept forgetting if I took my prenatals or not.






It was also spurred on by the massive amount of baby clothes currently hanging out on my kitchen table! Part of my birthday present from my sister-in-law and mother-in-law was a shopping trip for baby clothes as well as some maternity clothes for me. (Oh yeah, and today was my birthday. Not only did I forget that it was my birthday, but I forgot how old I was, oops!)


I was so grateful to have my SIL in the store because it took me a whole 2 minutes to realize I have no clue what the baby needs as far as clothes. We got a wide assortment of clothes from 3months up to 12 months. I'm also going to be picking up some newborn to 3 month clothes from an old high school friend in a few weeks. I think it's safe to say the baby now has twice as much clothes as I do!


This is still my favorite one though. See, when I was 7 weeks pregnant I had to go the ER for spotting. At 8 weeks I was back in the ER for heavy bleeding and I thought for sure that was it. When they pulled up the heartbeat and image on the ultrasound I think my husband and I both cried because there was a perfectly healthy baby the size of a blueberry. After that she became our little Blueberry, who quickly grew into just The Berry. Nevermind that she is now Banana sized, she's still The Berry. So I couldn't resist this little strawberry set. The onesie has "I love mommy" and the sleeper has "I'm berry sweet". What can I say, I'm a total sap and this little mini-me has stolen my heart.







And here is me now with my little Berry.




No comments:

Post a Comment