Friday, July 6, 2012

Cleaning Week 1 - part 1

I haven't had a chance to take pictures yet but here are my reflection on week 1. 

I still hate cleaning. Yup, no ifs and or buts about it. But I love the results. It's kind of like working out. 

It will take you 5x longer to do any job when your infant helps you to do it. Seriously. How does it take me 3 hours to do laundry? That little cutie pie would be why. 

I'm going to take a chapter out of gypsy life, as taught to me by the TLC show "My Big American Gypsy Wedding". I have to clean, that's it, so I'm going to stop bitching and just do it. I will take pride in my home and will accept that for the next 10 weeks my job is to care for my child and my house. (This will change at the end of the summer when, hopefully, my husband will be at a better store and able to help me once again) 

I have way too much stuff. I have 6 diaper boxes filled with clothes to get rid of (and 2 of clothes I'm keeping "in case") and cannot part with them. I'm looking at local women's shelters to see if they need them. Our local freecycle chapter just doesn't sit right with me, and I want the clothes to go to someone who truly needs them. 

I can't do things halfway. I decided to do the office this week. So I wanted a bookcase in the office. The laundry room has a bookcase. I moved the bookcase to the office. Well then my laundry room was destroyed, and I needed to clean it, so I decided to do the laundry room. Yeah. I don't even recognize it lol. Pics coming as soon as I can! Hopefully by the end of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment