Sunday, July 28, 2013

Big girl room




Some updates to Bug's big girl room (aka, a constant project in progress lol). She asked for more butterflies to go up, so she now has a flock (herd? group?) of butterflies going up the wall with her closet. Never mind the flower on the door, it's getting moved. 

She also loves her pretty pink dreamcatcher above her bed.






The glittery pink letters have returned. I love how they stand out against the gray walls.




I made her a board for pictures, cards, etc. This was hanging on her wall before with kitten fabric and all of her baby shower cards, but I thought I would grow it up a bit for her.

I just used leftover cardboard, some scrap fabric I had, quilt batting I had leftover from a project, ribbons, and beads.



 The beads were a royal pain in the rear. I had no brads or other way of attaching the ribbons to the board so that it made the essential puckers, so I just sewed the beads through. It took for-e-ver. but came out beautifully.


No comments:

Post a Comment