Sunday, April 17, 2011

From family, with love

People keep asking what the theme of our nursery is, and it finally occurred to me. From family, with love. See, I'm not a matching type of person, especially when it comes to the nursery. The furniture is not a purchased set so there's a variety of colors, wood types, etc. I also don't want to spend the money on a decor kit but instead am pulling things that are near and dear to my heart in order to surround the baby with family and love. So far here is what we have -Dresser from when I was in high school, refurbed about 5 times through my changing phases -bookcase my dad made me in high school - wall hanging created by my aunt as our wedding gift - poem about being a mom written by my mom when I was born - dreamcatcher made by my amazing friend and talented author, Kristina Circelli - dreamcatcher given to me by a dear friend over 10 years ago - picture that was hanging in my parents house forever it seems - moving picture thing (I'll have to take a pic) given to me by a dear friend as a graduation present We also are planning on getting - paper mobiles that have hung in my grandparents house for all of my aunts and uncles. I was fascinated with them as a kid and threw it out there that if they were looking to get rid of them it would be neat. They will soon hang above our baby :) - needlepoint sayings that my parents made when I was born. - an afghan my great-grandmother made for my aunt

No comments:

Post a Comment