Monday, February 27, 2012

Just add on another weight why don't you!

I will start this post with a small disclaimer.

Yes, I am aware that my life is very blessed. Yes I am aware that people have harder situations than mine and go through them without a fuss. Yes I am forever and eternally grateful I have an incredible daughter who causes me to be sleep deprived making all things 100x more dramatic.

Now just let me whine a bit k?

I'm stressed right now. Like, really stressed. Like,- my dentist asked me if I grind my teeth because I'm having some nerve sensitivity issues and that's the most common culprit- stressed.I work 40 hours a week, commute for a total of 10 hours a week (aka 1 hour each way, not including when I get stuck in traffic), take care of the baby, take care of the dog, take care of the cat, take care of the chinchilla, take care of the house, do laundry, clean, do our finances, do more laundry, vacuum, clean bottles, do more laundry, you get the gist. My usual day starts at 5am and doesn't end until I collapse into bed at 10:30pm. Then we have 2 night feedings, normally around 1am and 4am. Why on earth am I tired/stressed?

Here is my schedule, because I am a masochist and want to torture myself by looking at how insane it is. We'll start with my official start time of the day.

5am: Alarm goes off, hit snooze
5:15am: Wake up for real, trip over dog on the way to the bathroom
5:30 - 6:15 am : (no I don't spend 15 minutes in there actively peeing, but it's amazing how comfy the toilet is when you are half asleep) Go into the nursery and pump, silently thinking "sleep baby, please stay asleep, please stay asleep" the whole time
6:15-6:30 am : Prepare milk in bottles for transfer to daycare or for Scott (if he's closing) and throw ice pack in pump cooler.
6:30- 6:45 : Throw ice pack into already packed lunch, throw lunch bag into giant purse for work and put bags in the car
6:45- 6:50 : get ready for work with already layed out clothes, throw on makeup, put hair in pony tail
6:50 -7 : Take out dog, feed dog, feed cat. Wake up kid, change diaper, put her into car to go to daycare
7:03 : Get to day care. I feel like I've put in a full day already
7: 15 -8:30 Commute to work. Weeee I love traffic, oh wait, no I don't. Why are all these people on the road? Don't they have sick days they need to use?
4:00pm - 5:15pm : Commute home from work. See above
5:15-5:30 : Talk with dcp (aka my mom) about Kaylee. Drive home, deal with dog
5:30- 6:0: Nurse Kaylee, she falls asleep and I do some finances on my computer
6:00 : Kaylee is up. Half the time I now get to eat dinner that husband cooked. Sometimes I eat chips for dinner if he's not home yet. Try to squeeze in a load of laundry.
7:30 - 8:30 : Clean bottles/pump pieces from the day. Pack pump bag. Pack lunch. Lay out clothes for next day. Attempt to clean kitchen. All while entertaining the kiddo. Sometimes we squeeze in a bath for her (ok, she's not that dirty I promise)
8:30-9:30 : bedtime routine for Kaylee. Read, nurse, sing, etc.
9:30-10 : pump while catching up on Facebook
10:10 - wash pump parts for AM, place pump bag in nursery. Feed chinchilla, take out dog, feed cat. Pass out


But it's ok, because at least I rarely have to worry about dinner, and my husband is able to help me out with stuff around the house. If Kaylee wakes up while I'm pumping he can give her a bottle and keep her entertained. I'm only late to work 80% of the time. We are surviving. Nevermind that many a time when I am enjoying my precious and rare me time in the shower it's not necessarily water running down my face and I feel like curling up in the fetal position, but we're surviving.

And now you're telling me that my husband has to transfer locations, and now he has an hour commute each way instead of 20 minutes? And I'm going to be on my own from 6am until 8pm most of my work days?

@$Y&&#^%$#@%#$@$%!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment