Sunday, June 16, 2013

Mom Things I can't live without - LifeHammer

I like to update my "mom things I can't live without post" also known as "things you should get for a new mom" every once in a while.

One new thing that has been added to this list is this, the Life Hammer .
I was given a LifeHammer as a gift from my grandparents, and thought it was more than a bit odd. It lived in our closet for a good 3 years. Then I had a kid and the need to keep someone else safe as well kicked in.

See, even though I doubt my car will ever be plunging into a lake, or caught in a flood (although with the way the weather has been lately, who knows), but I do anticipate needing this at some point.

Have you tried to get your kid out of a car seat in a hurry? It seems like those buckles and straps always stick at the worst moments. I get frustrated just trying to get her out to go to the grocery store, and her car seat is actually a really nice one (Graco MyRide 65, I highly recommend it). Now imagine being in a true emergency. Maybe  you were in a car accident, or the car flipped, or your child is choking/injured. Will you be able to be calm enough to fuss with the buckle? Probably not, hence, the LifeHammer and it's blade that easily slices through seat belts.

(And no, I'm not being compensated in any way, I just really think it is that important, probably the most important $15 you will ever spend if it is ever needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment