Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer Projects, never-ending?

Well, I did not get the job I interviewed for, which is a huge bummer, but I do get my summer back which is nice. It's a long summer too, because we started school early in the year at the beginning, which means it ended early (aka, next week!) but we start late next fall, so long summer for me.

Here is the plan! 

*Note- the plan is every changing, depending on finances, my mood, the toddlers mood, and how nice it is outside*

June 10th-16th : Creating Kaylee's "Big girl" room. This means taking down the molding, repainting, getting her a new bed (which is on it's way!) and redecorating. I highly anticipate this will take longer than a week, but I'm going to shoot to get it done as early in the summer as possible.

June 17th - 23rd : Heart of Kylassame pre-release week! I am so psyched! My second book in the Kaldalangra series, has a release date set for June 26th. So this week is going to be the huge pre-release push, and hopefully I can get the book out to happy fans a little sooner than anticipated. You can find more information about Heart of Kylassame on my author blog, as well as purchasing information for the first book of the series, The Lady of Steinbrekka.

June 24th- 30th : Maine prep! Yes, it is going to take me an entire week to prep for our trip to Maine. Have you ever done a 15 hour + road trip with a toddler? (No, seriously, if you have I would LOVE to hear your tips. I am terrified.). We will also be staying in a location with limited outside access (aka, closest store is about an hour away) so I have to go into packing overdrive (but keep it limited to what we can fit in our car. weeee)

July 1st - 7th : Maine Vacation

July 8th-July 14th : Hopefully this will be the big week/days to get a railing on our front step-porch area. Bug loves to sit up there and draw with her chalk, but all it takes is a moment of distraction and she would tip right off the edge. Railing time!

July 15th - 21st : Birthday prep and party!

July 22nd - 28th : Toy purge and play-room upgrade ( to account for any new toys coming in from the birthday)

I haven't quite figured out the rest of the summer (July 29th through August 25th), but I'm sure I will figure out something!

No comments:

Post a Comment