Sunday, June 5, 2011

Nursery updates

Ok. I may have rearranged another 5 time since my last nursery update post. I think this is how I want it to be though!







Crib is in the same spot, and so is the chair (the wooden chair is coming out, it's just there as extra height to hang decorations and such). Next to the changing table is a laundry basket made out of pvc pipe and an old pillowcase, the other side has a trash can from Target ($6.99) and then a dresser that has followed me forever but is now painted green and yellow. The rug is suuuuper soft and I've had it since at least high school, maybe earlier.







The new and improved changing table area. The mobile is made of little metal sailboats and came from my grandparents! The mobile is over 60 years old and has hung over all of my aunts, my dad, my cousins, and me when I was little. you can see my pvc/pillowcase laundry basket as well. The little pink, blue, and green fabric bins were from the glorious Dollar Tree. They are pretty darn sturdy and you can't beat $1 storage baskets!













We have name letters! And a pretty quilt. My aunt made the quilt for Scott and I as a wedding present and I thought it would be perfect over the crib. I made the letters out of cotton fabric and non-toxic fiber fill so that they can turn into toys later. The camera angle makes them look a little off (I guestimated the distance between the letters anyway) so I might change it. It doesn't look quite that bad in person though.





My dad and Scott putting up the chair railing. I think it turned out pretty darn good myself!








No comments:

Post a Comment