Friday, March 30, 2012

1 week of home cooked meals!

I have successfully completed week 1 of home cooked meals! This is a pretty big deal for me because, as I've written before, I hate cooking. Here's my week (note, I have no clue of measurements for this stuff. I have them all written down but not at my computer)

Monday - Stroganoff with parmesan meatballs (YUM)
Brown beef in skillet along with chopped onion and some garlic(throw pasta into pots. I like egg noodles, but they are not gluten free); add 1 can cream of mushroom (or mushroom soup. Progresso has a gluten free variety, score!); remove from heat, add sour cream until nice and creamy

Tuesday - Spanish Rice (ground beef, tomato sauce, worchestershire sauce, onion, garlic, rice)

Wed - Cilantro chicken with an avocado salsa and a side of brown sugar sweet potatoes
Mix a good bit of cilantro with the juice of 1 lime to use as chicken marinade; cook chicken in pan; dice avocado and tomato and toss with lime juice; put salsa on top of chicken; eat.
Chop peeled sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces. Add 3/4 C water to pan and 1/2 C brown sugar; bring to boil; turn down heat and simmer until tender

Thu - Tacos (with avocado added. I'm trying to get baby Bug to eat avocado which means I have to eat avocado. It's growing on me. OH and I used lettuce from my garden. Yay!)

Fri - something at mom's house. Whatever. It still counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment