Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Yummy dinner 1

Well, I'm thinking my husband is not a fan of this dinner, but I loved it and will be eating it frequently. I found the recipe online and now cannot find it for the life of me, so I will write down what I did and link it to the originator as soon as I can find it again.

Mozzarella, tomato and avocado pasta

1/2 package Ancient Harvest Quinoa Pasta - garden pagoda
1 avocado - diced
1 tbs chopped garlic
1/2 C EVOO
2 tbs dried basil
1/2 lime - juiced
8oz mozzarella - cubed
6 vine riped tomatoes - cut to bite size
dash of salt and pepper
2 chicken breasts - diced

Boil water, add pasta
Add oil to pan, cook chicken
In a large bowl - combing evoo, basil, lime juice, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Then add mozzarella, tomatos and avocado and gently stir into evoo/lime.
Let ^ sit for about 30 minutes or until achieves room temp.

Put pasta on plate, put chicken on pasta, pour mixture on top. Nom!

Random note - I love using Ancient Harvest Garden Pagoda for room temp/cold pasta dishes. It is gluten free and the pasta holds its shape very well, even with multiple reheatings. I like to use the tri-colored because it gives a nice bit of color to pasta dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment