Monday, May 6, 2013

Author signing

Saturday was so much fun! I attended my very first author signing and it was a blast. I had worked with my mom (certified Brain Gym as well as in a ton of other mind/energy/body holistic healing fields) on my panic attacks but still assumed I would get one. It's a common thing for me, as annoying as it is. If I have an interview, go to a meeting, or even take my car to a new mechanic I will have a panic attack. My stomach churns, my breathing gets heavy, my hands shake and, most lately, I get dizzy to where I fear blacking out.

But I did none of those things Saturday! I was nervous, but was able to control the nerves. By the time I finished setting up my booth I was calm, collected, and those around me were stunned that it was my "first rodeo" as they say.


It was a great time, if not a profitable day. The encouraging factor was that I sold just as many books as 19 out of the other 20 authors there...but I didn't sell any books, though several people did take a bookmark because they wanted to buy the e-book version. I was able to network though, meet a lot of great authors as well as discover several writing groups that meet around my house.

All in all, an excellent day.

Me with my stuff. I was amazed at how much I ended up bringing. Two bags of stuff (ipad, business card holders, etc) and then the box of books.
Bug has fun with her daddy while I was gone all day. She is apparently going to grow up to be a tattoo artist (don't worry, hers are washable marker)

No comments:

Post a Comment