Friday, May 17, 2013

Summer Projects - Big girl room

Oh yes, it's summer projects time again! Although I just had an interview for a job today that would require me starting July 1st, so I may have to pare down my summer projects quite a bit if I do get the job!

Project 1, and the biggest....Big Girl Room!
Yes, it is time for Bug to get a big girl room. (notice the tear falling from my eye). We are lending her crib to an employee of my husband's so now there is just a big blank space where her crib used to be, and where her bed will go. The current plan is to paint the walls gray, with turquoise, pink, and purple decals and accessories, a la Organizing Made Fun . I'm having some trouble finding the perfect shade of gray, but I know it's out there. I love how the (inspiration) room is the perfect blend of feminine, but not overly girly.

We will be getting this bed from Walmart, South Shore Twin. I love the storage drawers underneath, as well as that little lip on the edge to keep the mattress from sliding. It is also only 16" high (not including the mattress) which I feel is a great advantage for a toddler like Bug (who, at her last doctor's visit 5 months ago, was still only 30" tall). She can easily get in and out of the bed, and a fall is not a huge, scary, painful thing when it's so close to the floor.
We will be keeping her new dresser in the room (also South Shore from Walmart) as well as the glider. This summer is the big transition from our bed to her own room, so I have a feeling I'll be spending some time in the rocker reading as she gets used to falling asleep without me in the bed with her.

Bedding is going to be slightly more difficult. I love this set but my husband is not sold. Then again, if it were up to him, the entire room would be in various shades of pink :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment