Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dogwood - I'm over you

March 10th:

The latest on the Dogwood house comes in...well, remember the lien the seller took out on the house? The credit card company who he borrowed from is not willing to settle with the house. I can't really say I blame them, since settling would mean getting $2k out of the $10k borrowed. They didn't get a government handout, so why should they lose money to the financial institution who did? The bank is giving them until Friday to settle before they turn the house into a foreclosure and our deal is void.

Again, cue hysterical crying ( p.s. I hate crying so this is driving me absolutely up the wall).

Our agent sends us more houses to look at the following weekend, and we give Dogwood until Friday at 5 before we pull our deal. Friday at $4:30 the bank extended the lien's deadline until Wed. We say "screw this" and pull the account. "But you'll close in two weeks" "yeah and we'll win the lottery too, goodbye".

I'm randomly sifting through mls listings and what do I chance upon...the Rebecca house! The prior contract fell through and it's on the market again! Our plan for Sunday, Rebecca house, O'Brien house, and 2 other houses. I'm feeling a little more excited again.

No comments:

Post a Comment