Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tuesday March 16th

The day before Saint Patrick's day and my department's open house at work. We are busy debating door prizes when my phone rings. Its Scott.

The other offer is better than ours, they are giving us one chance to put our best offer on the table. Ok, we increase our offer by $10k over the asking price, but the seller has to pay closing. If we get it we only pay $5k more than our original offer, still in our budget, and if we lose it, well, so be it. He leaves a message and we cross our fingers, expecting to hear back Wednesday or maybe Thursday.

20 minutes later I get a text message "We got it, we got the house, holy shit!"

I just stared blankly at my phone, then started laughing. We got the house, they actually accepted our offer. If everything goes smoothly we're going to get the $8k tax refund before the extension runs out, I can take my dog out to pee, and we're going to have a house. 24 hours after we put in our offer and we have a house!

No comments:

Post a Comment